I had to include the word, EASY in this recipe because it’s just too easy. You can be an over achiever and use fresh peaches but I almost always use canned peaches because I’m lazy (or smart, depending on how you look at it). It will be one of those recipes you throw together when you want something fast, fruity, and sweet but don’t have three hours to make a peach pie. I would consider this a great ‘potluck’ or take-along BBQ dessert too! The butter on the bottom makes part of the cake a little chewy and crispy and still perfectly fluffy! Oh, and be sure to serve with good quality vanilla ice cream! Hope you love it! Full recipe below.
Easy Peach Cobbler
- 6 Tbl butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 bottles sliced peaches in heavy syrup, drained but keep syrup for later (I used about 1/2 bottles of peaches)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in microwave safe bowl and pour into a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Combine all the dry ingredients except the cinnamon, mix well.
- Add in milk, mix until combined.
- Pour batter directly over melted butter in baking dish.
- Place drained peaches individually over batter until most of the batter mix has peaches covering it.
- Pour over about 1/4 cup of reserved syrup over everything.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top.