Tis the season for pumpkin everything! I’ve been making these perfectly pumpkin-y pumpkin bars for several years and I always get people asking me for the recipe. Yep, they are that good!
I like how this recipe makes a big cookie sheet worth of bars and that I can take it along for big gatherings. I also like how the ingredients are simple and I don’t usually have to buy anything special to make them with the exception of a 15 ounce can of pureed pumpkin. Make them this weekend and I promise you everyone will love them!
Laurel’s Pumpkin Bars
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with mixer for 2 minutes.
- Spray large cookie sheet with non stick spray and pour batter and spread evenly.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until slightly browned. Let cool completely.
- For frosting, combine butter and cream cheese and mix well with whisk attachment of mixer. Add in vanilla and powdered sugar and whip on medium-high until light and fluffy. Spread evenly on bars. Enjoy!