These eclairs are the perfect balance of fancy, tasty and easy. Easy because it uses vanilla instant pudding with freshly whipped cream for the filling. Sweet, light and fluffy! Everyone who tries them, loves them and asks for the recipe. Try making them this Easter for your family. They are a sure crowd pleaser!
Makes about 15 eclairs
1 Cup water
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Flour
- In a medium saucepan bring water and butter to boil, remove pan from heat.
- Immediately add flour all at once and stir vigorously with wooden spoon until mixture leaves pan and forms a ball (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating vigorously after each addition until smooth. Your arm will hurt after egg two! HA!
- Drop using spoon onto greased cookie sheet allowing room for expansion. Shape with spatula into oval or “egg” shape. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Remove and cool on wire rack while preparing filling. **As soon as they come out, cut a little hole on the side of them to let steam come out, this will help them to not get soggy.
1 (5-6 oz) package vanilla instant pudding
2 cups milk
1/2 pint whipping cream
- Mix pudding powder with 2 cups of milk.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Whip your heavy whipping cream on high until it forms peaks.
- Gently fold pudding with whipped cream.
To fill I just cut horizontally on the top/side area, scooped out any excess dough inside. Spooned filling in and close.
Chocolate Glaze: 1/2 cup heavy cream 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
To make chocolate ganache, melt the chocolate on a double-boiler. If you want faster alternative, throw the chocolate in the microwave. Meanwhile, add the cream in a mini sauce pan and bring to a boil. Pour the cream into the melted chocolate and stir until combined. You can drizzle using a Ziplock bag and cutting the corner like I did in the photo or you can gently dip the top of the eclair into the chocolate too. Yummmmmmm. Happy Easter!