I’m so excited to share this recipe with you all! My sweet, amazing, beautiful, smart and only sister, Becky, has been making these amazing and perfect cinnamon rolls for a very long time and you know how I know that she loves me? Pretty much every time she comes to visit me, she makes me cinnamon rolls. Ha! Our family gets our cinnamon roll fix and we eat them for days and praise her name. So delicious! I like this recipe because they aren’t super doughy or overly sweet. Don’t get me wrong, they are sweet but not “Cinnabon” sweet. They have that nice fluffy and airy center and they aren’t so dense to where you can’t eat two in a row. Ha! Maybe that’s a bad thing? I think it’s a good thing. Another major perk is that the dough recipe itself makes a fabulous plain old dinner roll. Just roll out into circles, cut into pizza like wedge shapes, roll up and place on pan and bake like you’d bake the cinnamon roll. This weekend would be a PERFECT time to make these and spoil those Fathers, grandfathers and men in your life with these amazing cinnamon rolls. I promise you they will definitely make them feel loved!
Becky’s Cinnamon Rolls
Make 2 cookie sheets of cinnamon rolls
2 cups hot water
1/3 cup powdered milk
2 Tablespoons yeast
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
2 teaspoons salt
5-6 cups of flour
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon (more or less to your liking)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 teaspoons milk
1. In mixer, combine 2 cups hot water, powdered milk, yeast and 1 Tablespoon sugar. Mix well and allow to bloom for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in 1/2 cup sugar, butter, salt and eggs until combined.
3. Add in 3 cups of flour and beat well until smooth.
4. Continue to add the rest of the 2-3 cups of flour 1/2 cup at a time until stick but not too sticky to handle.
5. Spray bowl with non stick spray and place dough into bowl to allow to proof for 45 minutes.
6. Separate into two equal pieces. With one of the pieces, roll out into rectangle shape about 1/4 inch thick. Spread with softened butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat with other piece of dough.
7. Roll up dough and cut with dental floss into 1 1/2 inch rolls. Place in greased cookie sheet pan.
8. Allow to rise for 45 minutes.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
10. Drizzle cream cheese frosting while still hot.
4 thoughts on “Becky’s Cinnamon Rolls”
Had so much fun making these for your family 🙂 love you!
I love cinnamon rolls much. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I am so hungry now
Oh man I literally dream of cinnamon rolls! Glad you liked the post!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I did a lot!