I love Asian food so much but cooking it? Not so much. I feel like a lot of the recipes I find call for 700 ingredients, many of which I’ll only use once. This little pearl of a recipe is quite simple with no crazy-unique ingredients and with a couple shortcuts, it comes together so fast.
I picked up a pre-packaged bag of stir fry veggies and threw in a few more snap peas (our fave). If I had a little more time, I would have cut up an onion and some mushrooms too. While the noodles cooked, I sliced up and cooked the chicken. The stir fry sauce is super simple and tastes perfect. Not too salty, not too tangy, not too sweet…just right! My boys asked for seconds and thirds! I kind of love one pot meals like this. The protein, starch and veggies in one pot is just my style. I served it with some fresh strawberries on the side. And for the record, a little Sriracha on this is (imagine me kissing my finger tips like an Italian would). Yum. Hope you enjoy this well rounded and quick little meal.
Full recipe below.
Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
12 oz chow mein or rice noodles
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 chicken breasts, sliced thinly
1 package of stir fry vegetables
1 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 1/2 Tablespoon fresh ginger
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook noodles. Rinse in cold water when done.
- While noodles are cooking, slice chicken.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet. Add in chicken and cook until done. Set aside.
- In same pan, add in stir fry veggies and cook until tender, 5-6 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, ketchup, cornstarch and sesame oil.
- Add sauce mixture to veggies, add in chicken. Stir to combine. Cook until sauce thickens, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour chicken and veggie mix on top of noodles and stir to combine. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and enjoy.
One thought on “15 minute Stir Fry”
Making this tonight with your delicious leftover chicken!! Thanks friend!!