I have a gem recipe for you to add into your dinner schedule! As easy as it can get with literally only having to chop a lemon and some parsley. Easy right? The key to the simplicity of this delicious skillet meal is using pre-packaged meatballs from Costco. You can find them in the refrigerated meat section and I believe they are about $12-$13. They have two sealed packages of meatballs and this recipe only calls for one. These meatballs are sooooo good and juicy and they don’t have that processed taste to them. Lord Business couldn’t believe they were pre-packaged when he tried them at first. They are healthy too which is just a bonus! The lemon zest in the rice and the sweet and tangy meatballs really compliment each other perfectly. This dish can be done from start to finish in 30 minutes and I’m sure your family will love it as much as mine does. Throw a salad on the plate next to it, and you’re dunzo!
Lemon Rice with Meatballs
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or 1 Tablespoon jarred garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package of Aidells Teriyaki & Pineapple Meatballs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 1/4 cup chicken broth
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Put olive oil in large skillet and brown meatballs. Add in garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in rice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and parsley and stir well. Add in broth. Cover and bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
Inspiration came from melskitchencafe.com